Company: terfuu Marketing, a company registered in Canada, whose registered office is at 4388 rue Saint-Denis #200, Montreal, QC H2J 2L1 (hereinafter “terfuu”).
This Policy describes how we process Personal Data about you that we collect through the website from which you are accessing this Policy (the ‘Site’). By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy.
Personal Data We Collect, Legal Basis and Reasons for Collection
● When there is a documented and freely given consent from you.
● When we are required to do so by law.
● When it is necessary to negotiate or fulfil a contract, we might have with you.
● When it is in our legitimate interest (a sound business or commercial reason) and it does not pose a risk to your rights.
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
● Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use parts of the Site or if you report a problem with the Site.
● If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
● Device information that may identify your computer or other device may be collected automatically whenever you interact with the Site. For example, we may collect your IP address, the hostname of your computer, browser information and reference site domain name every time you visit the Site. We may also collect information regarding user traffic patterns and site usage. This Traffic Data does not, however, contain anything that identifies you personally; it is used to analyze and improve the Site and to provide our users with a fulfilling Internet experience.
We may combine your Personal Data with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline, including, for example contact history. We may also combine your Personal Data with information we receive about you from other sources, such as our affiliates, publicly available information sources, and third parties. We treat the combined information as Personal Data.
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data online from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
Where Your Personal Data is Stored and Processed
terfuu operates globally, and your Personal Data may be processed globally in accordance with this policy. No matter where you are located, by using this website, you consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Data in and to the United States and other countries. The laws of the United States and other countries governing data protection may not be as comprehensive or as protective as the laws in the country where you live.
How We Use Personal Data
We use Personal Data about you in the following ways:
● To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
● To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you.
● To notify you of upcoming events that may be of interest to you.
● In accordance with your preferences, to promote our products and services.
● To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
● To notify you about changes to our Site, products, and services.
● To prevent misuse or improper use of the Site.
● For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, enhancing our website, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
● As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
● For any other purpose specified at the point of collection.
We may use non-personal, non-individual statistics or demographic information in aggregate form without restriction, and we may share such information with our marketing partners, advertisers, or other third-parties for research purposes.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties who are service providers that perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our Site, providing customer service, sending postal mail and e-mail, analysing data These service providers have access to Personal Data needed to perform their functions, but are contractually prohibited from using it for other purposes. Further, they must process the Personal Data in accordance with this Policy and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
In the event of any re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices
As you navigate the Site, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done through your browser or your device, or by using monitoring tools.
The Site may utilize pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, Flash Shared Objects, HTML5 Local Storage, HTML5 Mini Databases, and other similar technologies, both on certain aspects of the Site and in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to you. These monitoring tools are used for the purpose of, among other things, measuring the success of our marketing campaigns, compiling statistics about Site usage and response rates, and tracking the activities of users of the Site and e-mail recipients.
Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
We use Session Cookies, a type of Functional Cookies, which last only for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. They help you navigate across different Site pages.
Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Media
terfuu will take reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, you should understand that no transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure. Also, terfuu uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. terfuu will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that terfuu shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
Your Rights and Choices
The laws in some countries may give you certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including the right to access the Personal Data that we maintain, and the right to object to certain processing of Personal Data by terfuu. If you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, or if you would like to object to certain processing, you can do so by contacting us by email and we will process such request with respect to any Personal Data that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us. These rights and options that you have with respect to Personal Data are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, if you live in certain jurisdictions, you have the right to submit a complaint to your relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first and we will try to resolve your concerns.
Changes to Our Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases, we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by posting a Policy on the Site or sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us: